E2 Visa Instructions

How to get an E2 Visa for South Korea

Obtaining your E2 Visa can seem like a daunting process, but Footprints Recruiting is here to help make it as simple as possible! We have created a detailed E2 Visa guide to help answer your questions about how to get your E2 Visa and be on your way to South Korea.

E2 Visa Requirements

Follow these E2 Visa Instructions to start teaching in South Korea! Select your citizenship from the flags on the right to get an even more detailed E2 Visa Guide. 

Step 1: Gather and Authenticate your Documents
In this first step you will begin collecting specific documents that will need to be authenticated. This includes your Bachelor’s degree and a criminal record check. Please click on your citizenship to the right for a detailed step by step guide on how to do this.

Step 2: Send Your Documents to Korea
Once you’ve accepted a contract and authenticated your document, you will mail the physical copies to the school in Korea. The school will apply for your Visa Issuance Number and Korean Immigration.

Step 3: Apply for Your E2 Visa
Once you officially have the E2 Visa number, you can officially apply for your visa with the nearest Korean consulate. This can be done either by mail or in person. Once you have this visa, you can fly to Korea. 

Step 4: Apply for Your Alien Registration Card (ARC) 
This last step is for once you arrive safely in Korea! Once you’re there, you will need to complete a medical exam and visit the immigration office to apply for your Alien Registration Card.

Your Citizenship

Select your citizenship below to follow the detailed E2 Visa guide for your country!


Additional Resources:

We have built some really useful guides for teachers and people working online or overseas. Check out our comprehensive guide to teaching abroad, our guide to online teaching jobs and learn how best to write or update your teacher job resume (including a sample resume for teachers without experience). Dig in deeper by learning how to create a positive learning environment or what you can do to practice culturally responsive teaching. A wealth of similar guides and articles are available in our resources section. For a little bit more background information on the steps required to teach english abroad and online, head to our home page. Curious about the cost of living in South Korea? Check out this useful calculator for cost of living in South of Korea.

Disclaimer: while we work diligently to keep up to date on the E2 visa requirements, we are not government officials. Use this information as a guide only and always call your local consulate to ensure that the process has not changed.

Teach English Abroad. Teach in South Korea. How to get an E2 visa. E2 Visa Guide E2 Visa Requirements E2 Visa instructions. How to teach abroad. How to teach in south korea Teach in south korea. Teach english in south korea. Teach in korea.