About the School
The International School of Port of Spain (ISPS) is looking for individuals to join their community; educators who will be passionate about helping us to achieve our Mission and Vision.
This vibrant learning community is seeking professional educators who are able to see the unique potential in each student, and who are able to develop independent learners who strive for academic excellence, pursue their unique potential, and meet challenges with confidence and integrity as they prepare for global citizenship.
We are looking for difference-makers, future shapers!
International experience or experience in a North American system is preferred. Training and experience teaching at an IB school at the level of vacancy is preferred. For overseas hires, we hire singles and/or teaching couples with or without children. Dependent children are permitted to attend the school at reduced rates. All dependents must meet the entrance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area from an accredited university
- Current/valid registration with the Ministry of Education or possess a valid teaching certificate from abroad
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent preferred
- Computer literate
- At least two years of recent, full time classroom teaching experience in the area of vacancy
- Experience teaching the following :-
- AP Biology, Biology, Grade 8 and 10 Integrated Science
- MYP experience preferred
- Experience teaching in an international/North American school preferred
- Experience teaching in an IB School
Make your resume stand out!
- If you don’t have classroom experience, include any experience working with kids or teenagers tutoring, coaching sports teams, music teaching, babysitting, Sunday school volunteering, summer camp counseling, etc. It all counts!
- If you have a TEFL certificate, include it on your resume. If not, we highly recommend enrolling in a 120 TEFL hour course and state that it’s in progress on your resume. Check out our Recommend TEFL Courses.
- For more tips on how to present your experience check out our RESUME GUIDE.