You are here
UK Special Education Specialists (SEN) & Psychologists - UAE Ministry of Education
Rare opportunity to be part of a new Special Education (SEN) Team in the United Arab Emirates with the MOE.
- Medical insurance and visa sponsorship for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Vacation includes all UAE national holidays and summer vacation.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
Special Education Specialist (General or Autism Specialization or Emotional & Behavioral Disorders).
- Job description: You will assist with the evaluation and diagnosis team for SEN cases and supervise individual educational plans for those with behavioral and emotional disorders and provide technical support to teacher and specialists. You'll also raise awareness of the special needs program and educate teachers, parents and students about special education and train them in the use of special materials and exercises etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Special Education or Psychology. Master's degree or PHD preferred.
- Experience: Bachelor's degree + 8 years relevant experience. Masters + 5 years. PHD + 2 years.
- Job Description: You will provide psychological care services and programs (such as assessment and diagnosis of students with disabilities and learning disabilities) for all students and provide services and treatment programs for students with emotional and behavioral disorders and other psychological counseling programs as needed. You will also holding meetings, seminars and workshops for teachers and parents aimed at providing psychological awareness.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Educational Psychology or Clinical Psychology. Master's or PHD preferred.
- Experience: 8 years of experience in the field of learning difficulties.
Special Education Expert
- Job Description: You will be responsible for providing the department and its staff, technical and field specialists, with modern and specialized educational expertise in the field of special education for management. Making developmental proposals according to the latest international standards and coordinating with concerned bodies to develop services in the field of special education.
- Education: PHD in Special Education or Psychology.
- Experience: 10 years of experience in the field of special education.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English an asset.
- Must have experience working in UK schools.
- Driving license required.
Teaching in the UAE with the MOE
Working with the MOE is an amazing opportunity to be part of one of the largest education reforms in recent times. The MOE operates innovative and progressive schools in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain which strive to provide world class education for their students. Exceptional teachers are needed to teach various subjects, through English, with support from local teachers and management. If you're looking for a rewarding position and the opportunity to experience a unique new country and culture, this is the position for you. APPLY TODAY as interviews will be taking place in coming months for August 2018 starts.
- Must be able to attend an in-person interview in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or the UAE.
- Non native English speakers with an IELTS score of 6-7.5 or above will be considered.