You are here
Leadership Opportunity - Deputy Cluster Manager - UAE Ministry of Education
Manage an Advanced Science Program for elite students in the United Arab Emirates with the MOE.
- Medical insurance and visa sponsorship for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Vacation includes all UAE national holidays and summer vacation.
About this Role:
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a ground-breaking educational programme in advanced sciences (ASP) to prepare elite students to compete both nationally and internationally in academics (by preparing them for entering university) and their professional careers. The role of the ASP Deputy Manager (known as Deputy Cluster Manager in the MOE) is to support the Principal, Co-coordinators and Teachers to realise the vision of the ASP, through professional leadership, development, training and management of teaching and learning. You will be responsible for supervising the ASP in a number of schools in small ‘clusters’.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area such as education, mathematics or a science-related subject is a minimum requirement. Master's preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience as Principal within a Elementary/High School or Dean within a school or college
At least five years’ teaching experience in either mathematics or science or related subjects.
- Experience gained from more than one educational entity is desirable.
- Driving license required.
- Must be able to attend and in-person interview in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or the UAE.
- Non native English speakers with an IELTS score 7 or above will be considered.
Teaching in the UAE with the MOE
Working with the MOE is an amazing opportunity to be part of one of the largest education reforms in recent times. The MOE operates innovative and progressive schools in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain which strive to provide world class education for their students. Exceptional teachers are needed to teach various subjects, through English, with support from local teachers and management. If you're looking for a rewarding position and the opportunity to experience a unique new country and culture, this is the position for you. APPLY TODAY as interviews will be taking place in coming months for August 2019 starts.