You are here
Teach Abroad in Taiwan - Teaching job in Private Elementary School
This is a sponsored job. You are applying directly to the school.
**Please be sure to upload your resume and photo to the email window after you click the "Apply now" button, or email the school directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
(This position is only for certified teachers with an education major and one full year teaching experience!)
Tsai Hsing school is an esteemed institution with a rich history in Taipei. The English program at the school combines content-based instruction, student-centered activities and tradition methods to promote both academic and real-world usage of the English language. All members of the Tsai Hsing community speak of the extraordinary sense of family. When Tsai Hsing alumi are asked what makes Tsai Hsing special, one of the answers frequently given is that close friendships are made and maintained after graduating. Graduates often speak of the connections they build with faculty members and with other alumni, some of whom they may not even have known while at school.
Tsai Hsing students are accustomed to interacting with their teachers and are therefore not afraid to ask questions. The openness in the classroom promotes a culture of collaboration and a sense of community which lasts beyond graduation.
The school has been in operation for over 65 years in Taiwan, and has two new branches in Daqing, China and Kunshan, China. A separate advertisement for those positions can be found for the Kunshan campus on the Footprints job board.
Taiwan is a wonderful subtropical island off the coast of Fujian China. Do you want to teach in Taiwan and not experience snow but be part of a thriving multifaceted culture? Those who teach in Taiwan find ways to explore the wonderful mountains and exquisite beaches on their time off. Don't like to cook? If you teach English in Taiwan, you can find lots of inexpensive street food.
Apply today, while Taiwan's pace of life may not be that fast, these positions will fill quickly. Teach in Taiwan!
- Approximately 25 periods (40 to 45 minutes) per week teaching content-based English to elementary school students.
- On campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50am to 4pm). Time while on campus but not teaching should be spent in the classroom so as to be available for informal discussions with students.
- Submit lesson plans when requested.
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events.
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams.
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day.
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelor Degree, Certified to teach in home state or province
- Required Major or Discipline: Education major preferred (elementary or secondary)
- Required Nationality: Canadian or American
- Native English Speaker Requirement: Yes, must be a Native English Speaker. Received English in an English speaking country since middle school.
- Teacher Certification: Required. Certified teachers ONLY.
- Teaching Experience: strongly preferred
- TEFL Certification: preferred, but not required
- Must be able to provide a demo video (10+ minutes) and/or perform a teaching demo live over video teleconferencing, in person in Kunshan, Taipei, Los Angeles or Portland (OR)
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- 2-year contract
- Monthly salary of 75,000 NTD in the first year and 90,000 NTD in the second year.
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided in the first year of service.
- In the second year of service, only the 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided. Teachers who are married to non-teaching spouses will receive a 20,000 NTD/month stipend. A standard housing agreement that limits school liability must be signed by Teacher to obtain school housing. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 22,500 NTD is provided as additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total travel stipend of 45,000 NTD. Teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
Please be sure to upload your resume and photo to the email window after you click the "Apply now" button below