You are here
Unique Caribbean Island Opportunity in Saint Lucia
Are you a Canadian public school teacher? Do you have some experience with special education? As well as teaching a core subject area (English, Science, Math, or Kindergarten)? We have a great opportunity for you to live and teach in a beautiful destination - the small Caribbean island nation of Saint Lucia. The start date is in February 2018 - but please apply as soon as possible to leave enough time for your interviews, visa process, and moving to Saint Lucia (and please upload your current resume when applying as we can't consider you for the role without one).
About the Role:
The school is looking for one classroom teacher, who can also provide special needs support during about 10% of their teaching time. This is a special opportunity to work in a hybrid learning support / regular teacher role. For the regular teacher component, you should have experience teaching elementary or middle school (anywhere from KG to Grade 10) - in particular, the core subjects of English, Math, or Science. The learning support component will require you to have experience teaching elementary age students with dyslexia or special needs. There's future potential for the special ed component to become a separate full-fledged role. The salary range is CAD $21,000-$35,000 depending on your experience - this isn't luxurious, but will cover your basic necessities. While the school can't include housing, airfare, or health insurance, they will provide assistance in arranging these for the successful applicant. You will need to do some research, be self-driven, and motivated to make this southern getaway a reality.
About the School:
This well established private international school has been active for over a decade and has a well-rounded faculty that consists of eleven educators. The focus here is on teaching a Canadian curriculum - hence the need for teachers from Canada. The administration works with nearby athletic clubs to keep the children active and engaged. The school is also quite centrally located near Saint Lucia's best beaches and all the amenities that go with them, so you'll have a daily opportunity to enjoy the gorgeous island setting.
* Teacher must be from Canada and hold a teaching license from a Canadian province/territory
* 2 years of teaching experience
* Preferred degrees - Special Education, English, Math, Science
* Of course, the biggest benefit is this school's unique location - we very rarely have opportunities in the Caribbean, or other tropical locations
* Work in a diverse international school and help further children's education in a professional setting alongside other Canadian educators
* The salary range is $45,000 to $75,000 Caribbean Dollars (approximately CAD $21,000-$35,000 annually). The salary depends on your certification, training and experience