You are here
Teach in Qatar - Private School Hiring Primary & Secondary Teachers
This is a Sponsored Job (you're applying directly to the school).
Who are we?
The first Edison International Academy was founded in 2012 and offers an outstanding British-style education to children in the local community. We have four campuses across Doha with over 2,500 students and we will grow to a capacity of 3,000 students by 2019. The students come from 28 or more different nationalities although the majority, about 70%, are local Qatari children or from other Arabic countries who desire an international education for their children.
The schools follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and the English National Curriculum to ensure that learning is both relevant and purposeful. Besides acquiring literacy and numeracy skills and competence with ICT, Edison International Academy also endeavours to provide a holistic education to students, so that they grow into confident, caring and global citizens. We educate our learners to understand the vital need to make our world a sustainable place to live. You can find more information at: http://edisonqatar.com/
Vacancies for the academic year 2018 – 2019 (across all campuses):
Early Years Teacher
Key Stage 1 Teacher
Key Stage 2 Teacher
English Teacher (Secondary)
Business Studies Teacher (Secondary)
Islamic Studies Teacher (Secondary)
Travel & Tourism Teacher (Secondary)
We aim to appoint motivated, highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who would work alongside, develop and support a multi-cultural staff team in our continued pursuit of excellence.
We invite applications from teachers who are committed to:
- Nurturing and developing every aspect of a child’s development
- Making learning meaningful, student centred and enjoyable
- Contributing to the wider life of the school
- Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership
- with all stakeholders
- Professional development both within their schools and across our network of
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd. or Bachelor’s Degree
- BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS for the age group you will be teaching, and for specialist
- roles, a degree in the subject you teach
- A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience preferred
- Interest in researching new initiatives and implementing them whilst
- evaluating current processes
- A good understanding of early years / primary teaching and learning
- Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for
- students for whom English is an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate
- with leaders.
What do we offer?
- Competitive tax free salary
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
- Furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance
- Visa costs
- Annual flight allowance
- Discounted school places for dependents