You are here
Teach in Korea with Maple Bear - Make New Friends and New Memories
Always been interested in Korea? Here's a chance to live and experience it. A great school in Daegu - Maple Bear Suseong and Bundang locations are hiring five teachers to start in March 2019. Earn a good salary and get a free apartment near the school
* The school is well-established and has a presence in 5 countries
* Previous teaching experience is not required, but you will need to have a bachelor's degree an easy-to-obtain TEFL certification (see below)
* Because the school is teaching a Canadian curriculum, applicants from North America are strongly preferred
* There's a strong focus on building community here - for teachers, students, and their families. A lot of teachers become fast friends while teaching at this school.
* Class size is capped at 12, which means you can give each of your kids more personalized and better instruction.
* The school is fully equipped, including a gym and even a garden for children to plant seeds and interact with nature.
* Field trips and sports trips keep the students and teachers engaged and participating in the life of the city.
* The city of Daegu has a large student population which keeps its energy young.
* Just outside the city, there are mountains, trails, traditional temples, and old villages - so much to explore!
What is it like to live and teach here?
* You will earn 2.1 million won or more (depending on experience)
* You'll get a free apartment near the school - clean, modern, and furnished including appliances. Other benefits include free airfare and health insurance.
* You'll work Monday-Friday, teaching students between the ages of 4 and 14.
* The teaching contract is 12 months and you get 2 weeks off for vacation, in addition to all national holidays.
* Daegu has a lot to offer - and the capital Seoul is just a 2-hour train ride away. This makes for a nice weekend trip, or many!
* Daegu being a somewhat smaller city keeps your living and entertainment costs quite a bit lower than you'd find in Korea's largest cities like Seoul or Busan.
Make your Resume stand out!