You are here
Teach English with First Leap in China
First Leap is a teaching institution with a content language integrated learning (CLIL) curriculum. The students learn through creatively designed lessons in subjects such as; art, music, world culture, global leadership, science, reading, virtual PE and logical thinking. First Leap has an already developed curriculum, pre-prepared and tested lessons that are taught with interactive whiteboards. The company originated in Beijing has grown to over 100 centers in China, there are over 30 schools based in Beijing and around 150 foreign teachers.
You will be responsible for delivering quality lessons to our First Leap students. We are looking for teachers who are positive, active and outgoing who have a passion for education. First Leap constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs. Through these training programs, First Leap has different career paths to offer.
- Speaks English at an Idiomatic level
- Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority)
- Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China
- Student age range: 2 – 15 years old
- Class size: 10 – 14 students
- Class length: 35 minutes to 50 minutes to 1 hour containing various creative teaching techniques
- Working Hours: 36 Hours (You will have 5 standard working days and 2 consecutive days off-without Saturdays and Sundays); office hours, training, meeting, marketing and teaching hours
- Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum - Chinese teachers provide standard English language classes, Foreign teachers provide different subject classes for students to express the English language. Training on curriculum is provided initially and throughout the year.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class
- Training: You will receive 15-20 hotel paid days of initial training in Beijing. Your first month’s salary is calculated on training days plus working days in your assigned centers
- Training: On-going training throughout the year – provided by the training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese)
- Up to 20,000 RMB/month
- Free flight provided
- Relocation bonus: 9,000 - 10,000 RMB (vary on city)
- Free TEFL program or TEFL reimbursement (vary on the city)
- Visa reimbursement 200 USD (finish visa on time)
- Visa guidance
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance
- Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year's Day off
- Annual Holiday: 1st-year teacher has 3 paid days' annual leave
Make your resume stand out!