You are here
KINDERGARTEN ENGLISH HOMEROOM TEACHER in Kunshan (near Shanghai)
About the School
Come join Xing Kong (Starry Sky) School! For more than 12 years, Xing Kong has cultivated a unique culture and spirit that continues to grow. As part of the Tsai Hsing family of schools, we are forever looking forward, and continually challenging ourselves to innovate while carrying on the rich tradition of excellence that is associated with our name. We invite you to visit our beautiful campus, observe our active and experiential approach to learning, and meet the teachers and students who make Xing Kong such a special place.
All members of the Xing Kong community speak of our extraordinary sense of family. Xing Kong students are accustomed to interacting with their teachers and are therefore not afraid to ask questions. The openness in the classroom promotes a culture of collaboration and a sense of community which lasts beyond graduation.
- Approximately 3 hours per day of direct instruction as lead-teacher of K1 (preschool), K2 (pre-K) and/or K3 (kindergarten) classes OR a floater position and small-group specialist supporting groups of students in other teachers’ classes, subbing for other teachers and splitting their classes 50/50
- On-campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50 am to 4:10 pm). Time while on campus but not performing direct teaching should be spent in the classroom so as to be available for informal discussions with students. Teacher lunch and student nap time are exempt from this requirement.
- Submit lesson plans when requested
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams
- TEFL OR TESOL AND 24 months of English teaching experience OR State Teaching Credential
- Must be able to provide a demo video (10+ minutes) and/or perform a teaching demo live over video teleconferencing, in-person in Kunshan, Taipei, Los Angeles or Portland
- Must be able to interview either over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary
- 1-year contract
- A monthly salary of 18,000 RMB
- If a teacher stays for an optional second year, the monthly salary is 20,000 RMB
- Summer pay is provided at 50% salary with full vacation or 100% salary with 1/3 vacation
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 3300 RMB/month stipend is provided in the first year of service
- Stipend is subject to local taxation
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 4500 RMB is provided as additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total of 9000 RMB travel stipend
- The teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- National health insurance provided via the acquisition of work visa and residency permit
- The school will assist with visa/permit applications.
Make your resume stand out!