You are here
Teach with Elite Scholars in Beijing, China and Help SAT Students Achieve Their Dreams
As an SAT Teacher, you'll provide instruction to top high school students in a small classroom setting and in a one-on-one tutoring setting. In these roles, you will make a huge difference in the lives of Chinese high school students by helping them achieve the scores necessary to apply to top US universities and colleges and achieve their dreams. Additionally, you will be working closely with a very experienced SAT instructor to develop and refine the ESC SAT curriculum. This is a great opportunity for you to develop your own teaching ability and leadership skills.
You'll work with Elite Scholars in Beijing - an organization that has already sent its SAT prep students to elite institutions in the United States, including among others: Amherst, Brown, Caltech, Carleton, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Harvard, Middlebury, Northwestern, Princeton, Pomona, Stanford, Tufts, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, University of California – Berkeley, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan and Yale.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Teach classes of at least 10 students per class
- Provide tutoring for assigned individuals
- Approx. 20~30 teaching hours / week (not including prep time)
- Lesson planning, keeping track of students’ progress in class via progress reports
- Providing guidance for students during work time
- Help to develop additional strategies for improving students’ performance
- Student progress conference, evaluation, and assessment
- Training other teachers
- Performing other duties as needed
- SAT Critical Reading and Writing scores above 700
- Excellent written, reading, and presentation skills
- Highly personable and able to foster strong relationships with students
- Able to work well with students, build their confidence, and encourage their ideas
- Strong interest in education and belief in the strength of mentorship
- Experience teaching SAT preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Chinese students or in the education field preferred, but not required
- Excited about a dynamic work environment with fun colleagues
- Very competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Airfare to China
- Housing assistance
- Work visa sponsorship
- Subsidized healthcare, a gym membership and other wellness programs, and free daily lunch.
Make your Resume stand out!
Photo by Pang Yuhao on Unsplash