Teach in Korea with Maple Bear – Make New Friends and New Memories
Always been interested in Korea? Here’s a chance to live and experience it. The Maple Bear organization has a few positions available; in Daegu city, and in their Bundang and Bucheon campuses in suburban Seoul. We are mainly seeking teachers to start in late February 2020, but there will be a couple opportunities to start in the beginning of January too.
Here is more information about this opening:
* The schools are well-established and have been operating in Korea for nearly a decade
* Previous teaching experience always preferred, but not necessarily required.
* You will need to hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher)
* A state issued teachng license or a reputable TEFL certification are strong assets
* Because the school is teaching a Canadian curriculum, applicants from Canada or the United States are strongly preferred
* There’s a strong focus on building community here – for teachers, students, and their families.
* Class size is capped at 12, which means you can give each of your kids more personalized and better instruction.
* The school is fully equipped, including a gym and even a garden for children to play in.
* Field trips and sports trips keep the students and teachers engaged and participating in the life of the city.
* Daegu is Korea’s fourth largest city, and is conveniently located to allow short train trips to virtually all Korea’s other cities.
* Bundang is a neighborhood of Seongnam, a suburban city located directly south of Seoul’s famous Gangnam district.
* Bucheon is a city located right in the middle of Seoul and Incheon. A busy urban city, yet famous for its beautiful parks.
What is it like to live and teach here?
* You will earn 2.2 million won or more (depending on experience and qualifications)
* You’ll get a free apartment near the school – clean, modern, and furnished including appliances. Other benefits include free airfare and health insurance.
* You’ll work Monday-Friday, teaching students between the ages of 4 and 14.
* The teaching contract is 12 months and you get 2 weeks off for vacation, in addition to all national holidays.
Note: Before applying for this position please familiarize yourself with the Korean E-2 visa document requirements, specifically the following:
* Notarised and apostilled degree copy.
* Apostilled criminal background check.
Make your Resume stand out!