You are here
Teach English Online!
Teachers Needed for Online ESL Teaching Platform
Make USD $18-$22/hour teaching English online, with a flexible schedule that works around your life (8-45 hours per week). You can make this your main gig, or teach alongside working another job to make a supplementary income and get some great experience. The best part is that you'll make a lasting difference in the lives of young learners from the comfort of your own home. This leading, global online English-education platform is looking for candidates to join their team of 8,000+ teachers around the world who spread the joy of learning English online.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for people who love working with children and making learning fun. You don't have to be an experienced teacher, but if you are it's a strong asset. On the other hand, candidates who don't have any experience with children or teaching are welcome to apply. If that's you, we would recommend that you enroll in a 120-hour online TEFL certification course (and make sure to add it to your resume!) to qualify for this opportunity. Along the way, the organization will assist you with free professional development training and help you become the best teacher you can be. You should also have the following:
● Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college / university in the United States or Canada
● Excellent social skills, professionalism, and patience
● Available to teach at least 8 hours per week (each lesson is 25 minutes) whenever you’re available during the following times: 3am-10am EST (Monday to Friday), 8pm - 10am EST (Saturday and Sunday)
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
Because you’ll be teaching online from your home, you’ll need your own computer and a good internet connection. All classes are conducted 1-on-1 via our virtual online classroom.
Working at home is pretty simple, just make sure you have:
● A desktop or laptop (Windows 7 or above) with a dual-core processor or better (Intel or AMD) and 2GB RAM or better
● DSL internet connection - 2mbps or better
● A headset - with noise cancelling features
● An HD webcam
● And, most importantly, a quiet, clutter-free and well-lit teaching environment / space in your home
Work from home with a very flexible schedule!
HOW MUCH CAN I EARN?
Our top performing teachers earn as much as $22 per hour working from home...but there are even more ways to earn:
● Referral incentives
● Performance-based incentives
● Pay raises commensurate with certifications and training completion
Photo courtesy of Robby Green: https://www.flickr.com/photos/robbygreen/