You are here
Primary/Elementary Teaching Positions with ADEC
Positively Reinforce Elementary Students in Abu Dhabi
Apply Now to teach in the Abu Dhabi Education Council
If you seek to create learners today who will be leaders tomorrow, you must teach in Abu Dhabi. There the government has recognized the importance of learning English to give their students opportunities and their country a future after oil. They created the New School Model which takes a student-centered approach to teaching, completely different from the old model of rote learning and memorization.
As part of the reform, foreign elementary teachers in Abu Dhabi teach the core subjects of English, Math and Science as part of an integrated, outcomes based curriculum. If you have experience teaching students in Grades 1 to 5 and are passionate about developing the student as a communicator, thinker and problem solver then the ADEC program is for you.
* You should be licensed to teach this specific subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum 2 years of experience (post-license/certification) in your subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in subject area you will be teaching.
* Your highest degree achieved must be completed in English as the language of instruction.
* Valid Driving License
About Abu Dhabi
The emirate of Abu Dhabi is by far the largest of the seven emirates and divided into three sections: Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Gharbia (the Western Region). In the city of Abu Dhabi, you will find luxury and glam as well as meet people from around the world. The section of Al Ain is an Oasis in the desert. It has everything you could need, plus it’s closed to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and also to the mountains. The western region of Al Gharbia is a large expanse of land and home to many smaller towns and cities, therefore living here you’ll really get in touch with the local people.
- A very competitive tax-free monthly salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
- One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
- Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year