You are here
Now Hiring Academic Vice Principals to work in the UAE!
Free Footprints Services
Lead Educational Reform in Abu Dhabi
Apply Now to Lead Schools in the UAE as an Academic Vice-Principal
Supporting an education system as diverse and revolutionary as Abu Dhabi's is a once in a lifetime opportunity. There, the government has recognized the importance of learning English to give their students opportunities and their country a future after oil. The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) has created the New School Model, with its curriculum and pedagogy being used to promote the development of students’ bi-literacy skills in Arabic and English, their 21st century skills and their cultural and national identity.
You will serve as part of the leadership team in Abu Dhabi Public Schools to provide academic and technical services, pedagogical and curriculum expertise, aimed at strengthening teaching and learning and facilitating overall school administration.
To apply, you need to have a Masters degree in education, as well as experience at the Principal or Vice-Principal level. If you have a profound sense of vision and the capability to build effective relationships, then this job is for you! If you ever wondered what life is like in the Middle East, then take this opportunity to live and work for an education system that takes pride in its model and practice.
* Minimum 5 years of school leadership experience.
* Minimum of education related Master’s Degree.
* Valid Driving License.
About Abu Dhabi
There are three regional placement areas within the emirate of Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi City, Al Ain and Al Gharbia. The city of Abu Dhabi is often referred to as ‘Little Dubai’ as it is where you will find all the luxury and glam you've seen in the media. Since the UAE's population is approximately 80% expatriates, you'll find people from around the world and cuisines to match. Al Ain is the second largest city with over half-a-million residents. As an oasis in the desert, it has a quiet, relaxed atmosphere, making it very popular among families. Al Gharbia, or the Western Region will provide the most authentic cultural experience. The region is made up of smaller communities, so joining one of these communities and being an academic vice principal at one of the schools means belonging to a close-knit group of teachers, administrators, parents and students.
- A very competitive tax-free salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Accommodation allowance (amount depending on family situation)
- Additional relocation allowance of 20,000 AED to furnish housing
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year