You are here
New Graduate Computer Science and Design Technology Teacher - UAE Ministry of Education
* Rare Opportunity for New Graduates to Teach Computer Science & Design Technology with the MOE in the UAE*
- Medical insurance and visa sponsorship for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Vacation includes all UAE national holidays and summer vacation.
About this Role:
In the UAE ‘Design Technology’ is similar to primary computing in the UK. Students study the foundation of computer science from grade 4 – 9 in a subject called ‘Design Technology’ and then study Computer Science in grades 10 -12. The qualifications for teaching both is the same, your experience and personality will decide which level you teach. You will work in government schools where English is the second language for all students, with Arabic being their first. During this programme you will receive on the job training and professional development that will help to advance your career.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science field (e.g. Networking, Software Engineering etc.)
- Experience: Experience in tutoring or volunteering with youth is an advantage.
- Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development and current with technology development is an advantage.
- Essential understanding and application of programming and web design (Java, HTML, Python, C#)
- Industry Certification (i.e. Cisco, Microsoft, IC3 etc.) is desirable.
- Driving license required.
- Must be able to attend and in-person interview in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or the UAE.
- Non native English speakers with an IELTS score of 7 or above will be considered.
Teaching in the UAE with the MOE
Working with the MOE is an amazing opportunity to be part of one of the largest education reforms in recent times. The MOE operates innovative and progressive schools in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain which strive to provide world class education for their students. Exceptional teachers are needed to teach various subjects, through English, with support from local teachers and management. If you're looking for a rewarding position and the opportunity to experience a unique new country and culture, this is the position for you. APPLY TODAY as interviews will be taking place in coming months for August 2018 starts.