You are here
Middle School Science Teaching Positions with ADEC
Free Footprints Services
Science Teachers Needed: Measure your Success with ADEC in Abu Dhabi
Apply Now to teach Science with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan stated, "The wealth of any nation is its intellectuals and the progress of peoples and nations is judged by the level and extent of education they reach." The Abu Dhabi government has recognized the importance of education to the continued growth and vitality of the economy and society of the UAE. As a result, they have created one of the biggest educational reforms in the world. Your role as a Science teacher is particularly important in the reform program due to the need to increase the number of Emirati graduates in the fields of science and engineering.
You will be inspiring the minds of students in Grades 6 to 9 by engaging them in a wide variety of activities and experiences that cater to individual student learning styles and needs. The curriculum is outcomes based in which you will assess the students' mastery of outcomes throughout the year. ADEC is looking for teachers practiced in group work and inquiry-based learning so if you have a student-centered approach to teaching, apply today.
* You should be licensed to teach this specific subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum 2 years of experience (post-license/certification) in your subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in subject area you will be teaching.
* Your highest degree achieved must be completed in English as the language of instruction.
* Valid Driving License
About Abu Dhabi
The emirate of Abu Dhabi is by far the largest of the seven emirates and divided into three sections: Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Gharbia (the Western Region). In the city of Abu Dhabi, you will find luxury and glam as well as meet people from around the world. The section of Al Ain is an Oasis in the desert. It has everything you could need, plus it’s closed to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and also to the mountains. The western region of Al Gharbia is a large expanse of land and home to many smaller towns and cities, therefore living here you’ll really get in touch with the local people.
- A very competitive tax-free monthly salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
- One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
- Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year