You are here
Middle School English Teaching Positions with ADEC
Free Footprints Services
Write the Next Chapter of Your Life in Abu Dhabi
Apply Now to teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
If you revel in the opportunity to develop clear communicators and critical thinkers then the ADEC program is for you. The government of Abu Dhabi has recognized the importance of learning English to give their students opportunities and their country a future after oil. They created the New School Model which takes a student-centered approach to teaching, completely different from the old model of rote learning and memorization. The reform program started in 2009 with Grade 1 students who are now in Grade 8 so your role as a Middle School English Teacher is even more important.
You will be teaching a rigorous curriculum adapted from multiple native English speaking countries to Arabic speakers. This can be challenging, but the rewards from teaching local students from Grades 6 to 9 are astounding. You will need creativity, energy and passion to ignite the light-bulb moments for your students.
* You should be licensed to teach this specific subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum 2 years of experience (post-license/certification) in your subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in subject area you will be teaching.
* Your highest degree achieved must be completed in English as the language of instruction.
* Valid Driving License
About Abu Dhabi
The emirate of Abu Dhabi is by far the largest of the seven emirates and divided into three sections: Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Gharbia (the Western Region). In the city of Abu Dhabi, you will find luxury and glam as well as meet people from around the world. The section of Al Ain is an Oasis in the desert. It has everything you could need, plus it’s closed to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and also to the mountains. The western region of Al Gharbia is a large expanse of land and home to many smaller towns and cities, therefore living here you’ll really get in touch with the local people.
- A very competitive tax-free monthly salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
- One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
- Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year