You are here
High School English Teaching Positions
Free Footprints Services
To Be or Not to Be: Be a Teacher in Abu Dhabi
Apply Now to teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council (now the Ministry of Education of the United Arab Emirates - MOE)
The Abu Dhabi Education Council considers teachers their most valuable asset in creating a world-class education system and in the overall development of their society. They have embarked on a major educational reform to ensure their students are bilingual in Arabic and English and develop a passion for learning they can take into higher education and beyond.
You will serve on the front line of the reform program by engaging students and maximizing their potential. You will be teaching English at the Cycle 3 (Grades 10-12) level so you must be an expert in this field. ADEC has adapted an outcomes based curriculum from New South Wales (Australia) for their students. At the core of the curriculum is the goal to develop analytical abilities and independent thinkers so if you also aim to develop these skills in your students then this job is for you.
* You should be licensed to teach this specific subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum 2 years of experience (post-license/certification) in your subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in subject area you will be teaching.
* Your highest degree achieved must be completed in English as the language of instruction.
* Valid Driving License
About Abu Dhabi
The emirate of Abu Dhabi is by far the largest of the seven emirates and divided into three sections: Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Gharbia (the Western Region). In the city of Abu Dhabi, you will find luxury and glam as well as meet people from around the world. The section of Al Ain is an Oasis in the desert. It has everything you could need, plus it’s closed to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and also to the mountains. The western region of Al Gharbia is a large expanse of land and home to many smaller towns and cities, therefore living here you’ll really get in touch with the local people.
- A very competitive tax-free monthly salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year