You are here
Health Science + Life Skills Teacher - UAE Ministry of Education
Teach Health Science & Life Skills to high school students in public schools in the United Arab Emirates with the MOE.
- Medical insurance and visa sponsorship for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Vacation includes all UAE national holidays and summer vacation.
About this Role:
The Ministry of Education have implemented a new Life Skills curriculum for boys and Health Education and Care for Medical Applications (HECMA) for girls to empower students with the necessary skills to help them realise their full potential. This is a highly practical new curriculum that covers a range of ‘Life Skills’ topics to include Communication, Teamwork, Leadership,
First Aid, Health, Nutrition, Dealing with accidents and emergencies and much more.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Diploma or Associate's degree may be considered. Relevant subject areas include nursing, health science, Life science, Adventure Training, Physical Education, kinesiology etc.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching/training a range of learners aged 11 plus.
- Teaching license or TEFL/CELTA preferred.
- Valid first aid certificate (or willingness to complete) required.
- Driving license required.
- Must be able to attend and in-person interview in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or the UAE.
- Non native English speakers with an IELTS score 6 or above will be considered.
Teaching in the UAE with the MOE
Working with the MOE is an amazing opportunity to be part of one of the largest education reforms in recent times. The MOE operates innovative and progressive schools in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain which strive to provide world class education for their students. Exceptional teachers are needed to teach various subjects, through English, with support from local teachers and management. If you're looking for a rewarding position and the opportunity to experience a unique new country and culture, this is the position for you. APPLY TODAY as interviews will be taking place in coming months for August 2018 starts.