You are here
Early Years Care and Education Specialist
Inspire Young Learners in the Middle East
Are you passionate about early childhood education and want to be part of an exciting, new project? The Ministry of Education is looking to hire specialists for early years care and education - this is your opportunity to shape the future and improve outcomes for all children in the UAE, learning the English language from early on. This role will involve working with a small team to establish the policy and principles of the program along with overseeing the opening of the first Early Childhood Centre of Excellence. Are you an expert leader in early childhood education (you already have a decade or more of leadership experience)? If yes, then this is an outstanding opportunity to work for the renowned Ministry of Education in the UAE and lead the way in developing progress and growth for young children from birth to eight years of age.
You will be amazed at the progress of Arabic speakers learning English. Furthermore, the kindergarten program has gained popularity in the UAE in the recent years with more parents realizing the importance of early childhood education. To excite students about learning English and lay the foundation for their academic success in the Middle East, apply today!
• At least 10 years of leadership experience
• Sound knowledge and experience in working with children birth to three year old
• Must be able to interview in the United Kingdom or United States (exact interview dates and locations will be announced soon)
• BA in Early Childhood Studies or equivalent (MA Early Childhood Studies or Education preferred)
• Government teaching license or early childhood education certificate preferred - for example, UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or UK Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS)
About the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates consist of seven distinct regions. Of these, Dubai is the most famous - the dazzling world-class city and has quickly become a major hub for expats living abroad. With this government program, public school positions are offered not just in Dubai, but also in Sharjah, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi and Umm Al-Quwain - every part of the UAE.
Wherever you end up in the UAE, you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than two hours away from downtown Dubai. Teaching in the UAE, it’s very easy to meet new friends, with lots of social events and groups available – everything from sports teams to lively nightlife. We’ve heard from teachers that they like international feeling and the diversity of colleagues they get to know during their time in this country. You are also very likely to meet lots of people from your home country which makes the transition very easy! Footprints Recruiting has placed over 10,000+ teachers overseas.
- A generous tax-free salary of 288,000 AED annually (equivalent to $78,000 USD or 56,000 GBP)
- Airfare to and from the UAE for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation, plus all national holidays
- A great chance to gain international experience and make an impact