You are here
Test Prep and College Application Advisors Needed In Bangkok, Thailand!
About the School
This is a school that aims to prepare Thai students for their next educational level overseas and for their lifelong success by empowering students to be self-directed learners through our personalized teaching and mentorship. The team consists of teachers and counselors who graduated from top US and UK universities. They offer classes and education consulting services at boarding school, undergraduate, and graduate levels in:
- US/UK application counseling (for boarding school, undergraduate, graduate levels)
- Self-exploration projects & life coaching
- Courses including SAT, ACT, personal essay writing, critical reading and writing
- Special programs include school visit, internship placement, interview preparation, online tutoring, etc.
We are looking to fill positions for 2 distinct roles: a College Application Counselor and a Test Prep Instructor. However, we are happy to discuss with the candidate if he or she wants to work as both (half the responsibility for each role).
College Application Counselor
- Craft long-term strategies for counseling students to tackle all the elements of college applications
- Supervise students to complete all the related documents
- Essay development: brainstorm, review, and comment on students’ essay drafts
- Prepare students for college admission interviews
- Manage academic mentoring/ life-coaching cases (monthly meetings + follow-ups)
- Help develop skills needed to excel in higher-level courses (IB, AP, A-level), standardized exams and extracurricular activities
- Develop a plan incorporating activities and exercises geared toward developing these skills
- Mentor students on their independent projects that help explore their interests
- Support the school's marketing events and talks at local and international schools
- Assist in improving the curriculum of the whole application counseling program
- Bachelor’s or higher from top universities in the US, top liberal arts colleges, or top universities that are highly regarded in Asia
- Recent graduates are preferred
- Be familiar with the current US college admissions process
- Be passionate about life coaching and personal development
- Be actively involved in extracurricular activities in the past so that the candidate is able to relate to the students
- Be very responsible
- Be an excellent writer and a writing coach
- (Special consideration) Have some experience working with high school students
- (Special consideration) Have previous experience working for the elite college admissions
Test Prep Instructor
- Instruct group and one-on-one SAT, ACT, SSAT course and bridge courses for younger students, such as reading and writing fundamentals, personal essay writing, creative writing, etc.
- Collaborate with the Classroom Technology Division to blend the online and live approaches
- Improve the existing company’s materials for SAT, ACT, SSAT, bridge courses, etc.
- Conduct in-depth research about the tests and frequent questions from the old statistics and etc.
- Attend teachers' training sessions
- Support the school's marketing events and talks at local and international schools.
- Initiate the structure of the whole preparation program for the company
- Ensure consistency in students' class experiences
- Create an evaluation program
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in English Literature, History or other
- Humanities majors from top national universities in the US or top liberal arts colleges
- Scored in the top 1% for the SAT (1480+/1600 or 2200+/2400) or ACT (34-36)
- Have a genuine passion for teaching and for education in general
- Be very responsible
- Be a great communicator
- Have previous experience with teaching/tutoring high school or college students
- (Special consideration) Was a star teacher at a test prep company in the US or other countries in Asia
- (Special consideration) Familiarity with the ACT, GMAT, or GRE
- Salary: $28,000 – $34,000 USD per year
- health insurance
- vacation leaves
- performance-based bonus
- annual company trip
- Airfare is reimbursed 90 days after arrival
- Housing: our team will assist our new team members in searching for the right place to stay. Our offices are located in the city center and accessible by the sky train. We do not pay for housing for our employees. A monthly rental fee for a nice, fully-furnished, one-bedroom apartment in the Bangkok city center is less than 700 USD/month.
Make your resume stand out!
Photo Credit - Jacob M