You are here
Taiwan: Elementary and Secondary Teachers needed in Taipei!
Free Footprints Services
Positions available in August 2017
Teach abroad at a semi-private school in Taiwan. The employer is an agency that is subcontracted by major public and private schools to provide educational services to Taiwanese students. Whether you're an experienced veteran or a new teacher who just completed their TEFL/TESOL certificate or Bachelor of Education, this is a fantastic position:
- Public and private elementary and high schools- High level students working towards the dream of studying university abroad or at a top Taiwanese university.
- English as Second Language and use of other subject areas (e.g. Music/Drama/Science) to reinforce language skill development.
- Taiwan has a confluence of cultures and is very welcoming to newcomers.
- It is often described as having a more relaxed pace of life when compared to other East Asian countries.
- It's right in the middle of Asia.
- Spend a year teaching here and have unlimited travel options to explore afterwards.
Taiwan is a highly desirable destination for foreigners. It is known for its unique and delicious food, beautiful scenery, and safety. Taiwan enjoys one of the highest standards of living in Asia and ranks high in terms of economic liberalization, health care, human rights, political freedom and low cost of living. Any foreign teacher who has worked in Taiwan would highly recommend the experience.
1. Elementary: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
2. Secondary: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
3. The working hours including the prep time in school with team
4. Teaching hours will be within 100 hours per month
Teacher certification OR TEFL/TESOL certification
The annual salary range is $26,000 - $34,000 CAD (contract from mid-August 2017 through June 2018); an individual’s salary will be based on experience and qualifications. Some schools might provide an option for staying in a dormitory and may provide lunch.
1. Early Sign-up Bonus
2. Airfare Reimbursement after arrival
3. Housing Allowance
4. Renewal Bonus
5. Teacher’s Orientation in Greater Toronto Area
6. Documents application assistances
7. Airport Pick-Up arrangement
8. First 2 Weeks Free Accommodation once Arrival
9. 2 hours Mandarin Classes per week
10. Gathering Dinners every 2 months