You are here
Teach in Korea with Maple Bear - Make New Friends and New Memories
Always been interested in Korea? Here's a chance to live and experience it. The Maple Bear organization has positions available in their 2 campuses in Daegu city, and in their Bundang campus, in suburban Seoul. We are mainly seeking teachers to start in late February 2020, but there will be a couple opportunities to start in the beginning of January too.
* The schools are well-established and have been operating in Korea for nearly a decade
* Previous teaching experience always preferred, but not necessarily required.
* Because the school is teaching a Canadian curriculum, applicants from Canada or the United States are strongly preferred
* There's a strong focus on building community here - for teachers, students, and their families.
* Class size is capped at 12, which means you can give each of your kids more personalized and better instruction.
* The school is fully equipped, including a gym and even a garden for children to play in.
* Field trips and sports trips keep the students and teachers engaged and participating in the life of the city.
* Daegu is Korea's fourth largest city, and is conveniently located to allow short train trips to virtually all Korea's other cities.
What is it like to live and teach here?
* You will earn 2.2 million won or more (depending on experience and qualifications)
* You'll get a free apartment near the school - clean, modern, and furnished including appliances. Other benefits include free airfare and health insurance.
* You'll work Monday-Friday, teaching students between the ages of 4 and 14.
* The teaching contract is 12 months and you get 2 weeks off for vacation, in addition to all national holidays.
*Note: Before applying for this position please familiarize yourself with the Korean E-2 visa document requirements, specifically the following:
- Notarised and apostilled degree copy.
- Apostilled criminal background check.
Make your Resume stand out!