You are here
Fantastic New Teacher Exchange Program in New Delhi, India!
A new and exciting opportunity to participate in a 10 month Teacher Exchange program in New Delhi, India has developed at an American School for a September start date! The school's mission is to educate its students in a nurturing environment to their highest level of achievement, to produce autonomous citizens with a lifelong respect for learning and democratic values and to teach students to be sensitive to others and to have respect for human diversity. This is an opportunity in a Not-For-Profit environment that will allow qualified teachers to actively contribute to enhancing a student's life through subsidized education.
This is a unique opportunity for several reasons. The school has been in business for 10 years as a Montessori program. The American Teaching program has been recently developed and wildly successful. The ideal candidate will have a very specific personality:
1. wanting to be helpful,
2. showing a tendency towards sociability,
3. displaying warmth towards others and, by contrast, showing very little anger,
4. active in the altruistic or humanitarian domain.
4 year Bachelor's Degree in Education or Education related field (ECE for Montessori/Primary levels)
Teaching license/certificate strongly preferred
US, European or Western passport mandatory
Experience teaching in American Common Core Curriculum
Single teachers strongly preferred
1-2 years of full time teaching experience
- An enriching, and comfortable experience of living and touring India
- Working for an international educator, at a high quality institution
- Being an active part of a non-profit effort
- Being able to see the real change your efforts are producing for children in need
- The school will provide all transportation, and your flight(s) to and from Delhi. We will also have a chauffeur escort you from the terminal and a private car escort you to the Campus
- The school will provide all boarding, housing, and accommodation needs on campus in their newly constructed staff suites on the upper floors.
- The school will provide all visa fees and necessary costs associated with travel documentation
- The school will provide transportation to tour the city, and accommodate a vacation package to tour an additional city
- The school will provide all on-campus meals & dinning
- Additionally the school will provide a stipend of Rs. 10,000/month for any leisurely expenses the teacher may incur
- Additionally the school will provide a Shopping Expense Account of Rs. 15,000/month for any merchandise the candidate may wish to buy for personal use.