You are here
Unique Travel Opportunity- Work with Adult Students
The vast majority of jobs in China are teaching kindergarten and preschool. But this opportunity is unique - you get to work with adult and young adult learners, so you'll be making a big difference for a more serious and experienced student. Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual who'd like to work with adults and young adult learners? Keen to work for an established organization with centers in 26 cities throughout China?
METEN English was established in 2006 with the sole purpose of offering English language training to teenage and adult English learners. They focus on the practical use of English in day-to-day life and work. Classes take place in beautifully designed centers which are easily accessible and equipped with the latest technologies. You will be working with other international ESL teachers in your center and will receive both initial and ongoing training to support your own professional development.
- Salary Scales:
A. Teachers with at least 2 years teaching experience and TESOL Certification:
- First-tier City (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen): RMB10000-16000
- Second-tier City (All cities except Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen): RMB9000-12500
B. Teachers with a BA only:
- First-tier City (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen): RMB9000-12000
- Second-tier City (All cities except Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen): RMB8000-10000
- Holidays: 10 days paid annual leave and 12 public holidays.
- Sick Leave, Matrimonial Leave, Bereavement Leave, Maternity/Paternity Leave, 10-day Annual Leave. Commercial Insurance Project paid by school.
- A monthly housing allowance between RMB1500 to 3000 (location dependent).
- Annual Air ticket allowance of RMB 8000.
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus RMB 1000 available and a Full Attendance Reward of RMB 1000.
- Z-Visa costs are reimbursed and the school will assist employees with obtaining the Z-Visa
- Up to 3-day company standard hotel free upon arrival in China
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's Degree
- TEFL Certification
- 5 working days and 2 days off per week (Saturdays and Sundays not guaranteed to be off).
- The centers are open 9 am - 9pm every day. There are 2 shifts per day. Teachers will work either:
- Morning shift: 9 am - 5 pm (with a one hour break from 12:00 pm - 1:00pm) or
- Evening shift: 1pm - 9 pm (with a one hour break from 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
- A total of 100 teaching hours per month, any remaining hours will be office hours.
Make your resume stand out!