You are here
Unique Teaching and Internship Opportunities in Spectacular Hahgzhou, China
This is a Sponsored Job - you're applying directly to the school
Teach for the Future is recruiting interns and candidates to teach English or subject based classes in English to K-12 students in Hangzhou, China. Qualified undergraduate or graduate students majoring in any subject may apply for these semester or year-long paid internship! Applicants may choose to apply for this experience as a course credit.
To cultivate an international learning environment and increase English proficiency, teachers and interns are being recruited to teach K-12 students English or subjects using an English medium.
Teachers are expected to work 25 hours in a week including lectures, tutorials, class prep time and in-service training. Post-graduates with the relevant degrees or those with the following certifications are welcome to apply: TEFL/TESL/TESOL/TKT Certificate. Teachers are expected to work 25 hours in a week including lectures, tutorials, class prep time and in-service training. Teaching contracts will run from mid- February to mid-January of the following year with established Chinese holidays and vacation. Teachers will teach two semesters: March 1st - July 15th and September 1st to January 15th to coincide with the Chinese K-12 school calendar. *Please note that there are mandatory orientations and in-service training for teachers. It is therefore expected that teachers arrive a week to two weeks in China prior to classes and that they are available for mandatory in-service days.
Interns are expected to work 20-25 hours/week including lectures, tutorials, class prep time and in-service training. Interns on a year’s contract will teach two semesters: March 1st - July 15th and September 1st to January 15th to coincide with the Chinese K-12 school calendar. Semester Interns may teach either from March 1-July 15th or September 1st – January 15th.
*Please note there is a mandatory orientation for Interns a week prior to classes so Interns are expected to arrive in China a week prior.
1. Be a passport holder of one of the following countries to qualify for a Z Visa: United Kingdom, America, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
2. Have a Bachelor ’s degree or higher
3. Bachelor’s degrees or higher with relevant teaching English certifications including: TEFL/ TESL/ TESOL/ TKT Certificate
4. Experience tutoring or working with K-12 students
5. Ability to teach in English fluently with regards to Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
6. Committed to teaching for a full semester or year abroad
1. Teachers - 110,000-120,000 RMB/year
2. Internship - 60,000 RMB/year (after tax for annual contracts); 30,000 RMB/year (after tax
for semester contracts)
3. Free housing (including a single apartment near the school with furniture, shower, cooking
facilities, washing machine and air conditioners.)
4. Round-trip tickets
5. Chinese Health Insurance (including Death insurance, Accidental disability insurance,
Medical insurance for Accidental injury, Outpatient and Emergency Medical Insurance and
Hospitalization and Medical Insurance).
6. Opportunities to experience authentic Chinese culture and participate in various activities