We are working with an American-style preschool who tells us that every day a child arrives at this school, he or she can expect to have the best day ever... then the next day arrives and it will be even better! And they need a few teachers to join the team to help ensure that this stays true.
The children here are surrounded by the smiling faces of people who are passionate about education and the rewards that come from making a difference in the life of a child—and we hope to help by introducing you to their team. Each and every day, their mission truly comes alive within the walls of their schools: Teachers and Nurses Partner with Parents to Promote the Success of Each Child.
This is not just an English learning center. While English is a big part of what you will do, it is more important to focus on the overall development of the children at the school through art, music and movement, and games. Children attending this school make life long friends, feel safe and secure, and discover that learning is fun.
- Bachelors degree, prefereably majoring in a field that lends to child development (education, psychology, sociology, etc)
- Experience with small children (ages of students are as young as toddlers through the age of 10)
- Must possess a love for children and an ability to relate well with them, their families, and teachers
- CPR and First Aid will be required within 3 months of commencing employment
- TEFL/TESOL not required, but an advantage
- American teachers preffered
- Willing to work Saturday and Sunday - teachers will get 2 weekdays off per week
Compensation and Travel Expenses
• $2,000 USD month, net of taxes
• A relocation bonus of $350 to be paid upon arrival
• Reimbursed for up to $900 for a one-way flight to China (upon successful completion of a background check, as applicable)
• Cost of initial entry visa will be reimbursed (upon successful completion of a background check, as applicable)
• Assistance securing an appropriate visa. Application fees charged by authorities will be covered. Medical exam and re-entry related expenses are reimbursed upon completion of the contract.
Arrival and Orientation
• Pickup from the local airport and transportation to the city
• Assistance with securing a local SIM chip and Chinese cell phone number
• Orientation to local transportation, city geography and highlights
• Lodging provided for 30 days
• Referrals to real estate agents for assistance with finding housing
• Referrals to Mandarin language lessons/tutoring
• Extensive training provided
Photo courtesy of Jed Carroll: https://www.flickr.com/photos/renaissancechambara/