You are here
Become an IB Teacher - Gain Transferrable Skills
This is a Sponsored Job (you're applying directly to the school).
Teach the advanced IB curriculum. IB is a world standard for academic success and 5,000 schools all around the world follow it. This means that the skills and experience you gain when you teach an IB curriculum are vastly transferrable.
IB PYP Kindergarten in Yiwu, China seeking 1 Early Years teacher for September 2018 start.
Oujing International Kindergarten is an official IB world school teaching the Primary Years Programme to over 500 students enrolled at the school between the ages of 3-6. Class sizes range between 16 and 22 students per class with 3 teachers in each class.
The school is located in the city of Yiwu, in Zhejiang province. Yiwu is an international city with great transport links and an abundance of restaurants, cafes, and leisure activities. Affordable accommodation can be found easily within walking distance to the school and international brand restaurants such as Burger King, KFC, Starbucks, as well as a huge selection of local establishments.
Teachers at Oujing are expected to:
• Prepare, and deliver high quality lessons
• Create challenging and engaging learning opportunities
• Assess and monitor student progress
• Collaborate with other teachers to share ideas, approaches, and professional knowledge
• Communicate regularly with parents
Working hours are 8am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday including a 90 minute lunch break and planning and lesson preparation time.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Open to new ideas and willing to learn
• Enthusiastic about teaching
• Cooperative with other teachers and able to work well as part of a team
• Willing and able to engage with children through games, songs, and dance
In order to meet the visa regulations in Zhejiang province candidates will need to meet one of the following criteria:
• Have a degree in education
• Have a degree in an unrelated field with 2 years of teaching experience
• Have a degree in an unrelated field with a SAFEA recognized TEFL from within China
Due to visa restrictions on English teachers coming to China, the school is only able to consider candidates from the following countries:
Australia, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, New Zealand,
The teaching package includes:
• A competitive post tax salary between 12,000 - 15,000 CNY per month after tax
• Return flights to home country
• Professional IB training workshops
• Free school meals
• Housing allowance
• Health insurance
• Legal work visa
• Flexible summer vacation and lengthy paid winter vacation