You are here
K-12 Teaching Job in Guanzhou, China
Guangzhou, China: East Asia
July 7, 2018
Native English Speaker, University Graduate
This is a Sponsored Job (you're applying directly to the school).
Looking to get a chance to live abroad, learn about Chinese culture, and have an excellent experience in the classroom?
The Canadian International Educational Organization(CIEO) runs over 20 schools in and around Guangzhou, China. Guangzhou is China’s 3rd largest city, and the 10th largest in the world. With jobs working with students ranging from 2-years old all the way up to 18, teachers will have the chance to select the age group they would like to work with, as well as to get a chance to get involved with several different types of schools. Whether you feel more comfortable in a kindergarten, a learning centre, or an elementary school, teachers will be working in a high-end, well-stocked classroom, supported by a Chinese teacher, and working alongside of other travelers who can share their own experiences with both inside of the classroom and out and about in the city.
How to apply: Apply anywhere on this page by sending us some basic information, after which we’ll arrange a Skype call with you to further tell you about the programs we offer, as well as to learn a little bit about you. After this process has been completed, we’ll take the next step and get ready to see you out in China! As we are a fairly large company, we are always looking for new teachers, so whether you intend to come out next month or next semester, please feel free to apply.
• Location: Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan
• Age of Students: 2-18; dependent on which school you are placed at to teach for your year
• Number of Students per Class: Dependent on school type, but an average of around 20 students
• Number of Western Teachers per School: 3-23
• Duration of Contract: 13-16 months(dependent on when you would like to start)
• Hours: 25 teaching hours+10 office hours is about average, but again is dependent on which type of school you are placed at
• Schedule: Kindergartens and elementary schools: Monday-Friday (Mornings to afternooons). Learning Centres: Throughout the week
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years of work experience in any field after graduation OR a TEFL certificate (an online 120-hour program is an affordable and fast way to get certified)
• Native English speaker
- A competitive salary, with some locations having a housing stipend built into wages, and others actually providing teacher accommodation
- End of contract bonus of about $1,600 USD
- Local health insurance provided
- Supportive management team
- New-hire orientation to welcome you to the city
- Monthly training to make sure you are comfortable in the classroom
- City location is 2 hours from Hong Kong and Macau, 1 hour from Shenzhen