You are here
Great Opportunity to Join Prestigious Organization in Beijing
We are in search of teachers to work with children between the ages of 3 and 12 in a well established school with more than 50 foreign teachers and over 200 Chinese staff in west Beijing. This is a school with completely western management and has been in operation for over 15 years.
* This has been our most popular program in China in 2016, and due to expansion, there will be opportunities for a number of additional teachers to join in August of 2017!
Basically, we are looking for very friendly teachers with lively and outgoing personalities. You will teach young children and we need teachers who can handle young kids in small classes. The school’s teaching style is very game and activity based. Teachers must have the energy to play games and keep the students motivated.
Previous experience or specific certifications and education are not crucially important here, instead the school will try to determine if a candidate has a suitable personality which would allow him or her to fit into their team, and most importantly, if you have the ability to catch the young students' interest.
Whether you are a well experienced teacher, or a brand new one, this may be the opportunity you were looking for!
Most classes have a maximum of 8 students, and teachers follow a set curriculum. There are no office hours, but teachers must prepare lessons well, and attend weekly training and meetings. You are afforded the use of interactive white boards and a wide range of multimedia material. Foreign teachers work together with local co-teachers, who act as a bridge between the school and the parents. The work load is very reasonable: 100 teaching periods (45-50 mins) per month and teachers normally teach around 20 periods per week.
Bachelors degree (Education) – Must have graduated
Bachelors degree (Any other major) – Must have graduated at least 2 years ago
Masters degree (Any Major) – Must have graduated at least 2 years ago
TEFL/TESOL/CELTA – An advantage, not a requirement
**HOWEVER: If you have completed a university degree less than 2 years ago, you may qualify if you hold a 120 hour (or greater) TEFL certifcate.
Experience – Teaching expereince preferred, not required. General employment history in any field will be a strong advantage.
Native English speaker from Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, NZ
No criminal record
Great personality and high energy!
- Salary: Either 12,500 RMB (includes a housing allowance) or 10,000 RMB + furnished housing monthly (salaries are after-tax)
- Training completion bonus of 5,000 RMB after the first month
- Holiday bonus of 4,000RMB paid out after 6 months
- Airfare reimbursement of up to 8,000 RMB, paid after 6 months
- Contract completion bonus of 10,000 RMB
- 2 weeks holidays (to be taken in February or August) and all Chinese national holidays, and Christmas day
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Z-Visa sponsorship
- Chinese classes
- This is a school that is very proud of its foreign teacher environment, and they list their support system as their greatest advantage.
Photo coutesy of Carlos ZGZ https://www.flickr.com/photos/carloszgz/