You are here
Teach in Cambodia - Elementary Teachers Needed for International School - Earn up to USD $68,500
This is a Sponsored Job (you're applying directly to the school).
Canadian Internatonal School of Phnom Penh (CISP) is a fully accredited Canadian school through the province of Alberta and therefore holds to all the same standards of teaching and learning as found in any Canadian school in the province of Alberta. The facilities are state of the art and new additions are planned for the upcoming year that will only enhance the learning process for all. Presently, CISP has approximately 400 students from Nursery to Grade 8, spread over 3 campuses with the Elementary/ Middle school being a purpose built school in the centre of the city.
This school is hiring for the following roles: Grade 1 Elementary Generalist (2 openings), Middle School/High School Music Teacher, and Elementary Music/Art Teacher.
The school caters for students aged from 18 months all the way through to 18 years and students are immersed in the Canadian curriculum from this international setting. The facility is a bright, spacious, newly renovated building with a playground and swimming pool. to learn more about the school, please visit https://www.cisp.edu.kh/about/
- Teachers must develop lesson plans and activities from an outcome based Canadian curriculum provided by the school. The curriculum is based on current research and expectations.
- Must be willing to be part of a team. Flexibility and interpersonal skills are important.
- Must be culturally sensitive, as students come from a wide variety of nationalities.
- Must be able to create materials for teaching
- Must be able to use basic technology to support teaching.
- Must support the whole school environment with talents and leadership skills.
- Must be willing to explore new ideas in education and be reflective practitioners.
- Class sizes are kept within true international standards.
- Preparation periods are provided within the school day.
- Classrooms are well equipped and supported with resources.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree AND Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Must have additional personal references.
- Criminal Record Check or equivalent.
- Up to date passport
Comparable international school salary to Canadian schools - the total compensation packages range is between USD $49,500 - USD $68,500 depending on your experience and qualifications. The package includes:
- Fully furnished accommodation provided in a new condominium complex that is within a very short walking distance of the school (Pool and Gym).
- Teachers hired from abroad will be provided with $2000 airfare to and from the country of origin, yearly.
- Medical and sick leave at international standard.
- 12 weeks of paid holidays annually.
- Laptop provided for lesson planning convenience.
- Work environment meets or exceeds international school standards - work hours, preparation periods and class sizes.