You are here
ECE & Elementary Teachers Needed for Wonderful International School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
This is an international school in Cambodia which follows an Alberta style curriculum. They are looking for early childhood educators and elementary teachers to join their existing team in October. The school caters for students aged from 18 months all the way through to 18 years and students are immersed in the Canadian curriculum from this international setting. The facility is a bright, spacious, newly renovated building with a playground and swimming pool.
- Teachers must develop lesson plans and activities from an outcome based, Canadian Early Years curriculum, provided by the school. Curriculum is based on current research and expectations.
- Must be willing to be part of a team. Flexibility and interpersonal skills are important.
- Must be culturally sensitive, as students come from a wide variety of nationalities.
- Must be able to create materials for teaching
- Must be able to use basic technology to support teaching.
- Must support the whole school environment with talents and leadership skills.
- Must be willing to explore new ideas in education and be reflective practitioners.
- Class sizes are kept within true international standards.
- Preparation periods are provided within the school day.
- Classrooms are well equipped and supported with resources.
- Best combination: Undergraduate Degree or some undergraduate level courses from a recognized accredited foreign university plus an Early Childhood Certificate (or the equivalent) from a fully accredited recognized college.
- First Language English Speakers preferred.
- Bachelor of Education Degree not necessary but may be given preference.
- Early childhood experience. Early childhood practicum is acceptable, with references.
- Applicants without an undergraduate university degree, but having stellar ECE education and experience, will be considered seriously for this age level.
- Must have additional personal references.
- Criminal Record Check or equivalent.
- Up to date passport
- Comparable international school salary to Canadian schools (starting at approx. $50,000 CAD and dependant on expereince and qualifications).
- Fully furnished accommodation provided in a new condominium complex that is within a very short walking distance of the school (Pool and Gym).
- Teachers hired from abroad will be provided with $2000 air fare to and from the country of origin, yearly.
- Medical and sick leave at international standard.
- 12 weeks of paid holidays annually.
- Laptop provided for lesson planning convenience.
- Work environment meets or exceeds international school standards - work hours, preparation periods and class sizes.