You are here
Certified Teaching Positions - Math & Science Positions
Free Footprints Services
Apply Now to Teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council - Now the UAE's Ministry of Education (MOE)
Be rewarded with this once-in-a-lifetime teaching opportunity abroad - great salaries, free housing, a solid government employer, and professional growth.
Teach abroad in Abu Dhabi - Apply now with your resume! We need Math & Science teachers from Kindergarten, Middle School and High school, as well as Assistant Principals. Make new friends from around the world and see new places - the Middle East is a great place to live if you would like to discover countries like Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.
The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is now hiring for teaching positions in their public school system for the new school year, with start dates in August 2018 and January 2019. To qualify for these positions, you must have a current teaching license and at least one year of post-certification teaching experience.
The Abu Dhabi Education Council considers teachers their most valuable asset in creating a world-class education system and in the overall development of their society. They have embarked on a major educational reform to ensure their students are bilingual in Arabic and English and develop a passion for learning they can take into higher education and beyond. You will serve on the front line of the reform program by engaging students and maximizing their potential. ADEC has adapted an outcomes based curriculum from New South Wales (Australia) for their students. At the core of the curriculum is the goal to develop analytical abilities and independent thinkers so if you also aim to develop these skills in your students then this job is for you.
* You should be licensed to teach this specific subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum 2 years of experience (post-license/certification) in your subject area and grade levels.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in subject area you will be teaching.
* Your highest degree achieved must be completed in English as the language of instruction.
* Valid Driving License
About Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and has become a major hub for expats living abroad. Life can be drastically different depending on where you are located. Abu Dhabi City is a vast metropolis where you will have access to modern amenities available in any major city. Al-Ain, a city of almost 600,000 people, is the traditional summer retreat for Emiratis due to its cooler climate and laid back lifestyle. Al Gharbia (the Western Region) is made up of multiple oases and smaller communities. You will get a more authentic cultural experience and join a very close-knit group of teachers there. Wherever you end up in Abu Dhabi you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than three hours from the capital city.
- A very competitive tax-free monthly salary - determined based on qualifications and experience
- Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
- One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
- Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
- Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
- Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
- Contract completion bonus of one month's salary per year