How to Apply for an Australian Passport
Australian adults living in Australia
Go to www.passports.gov.au and download and print the form or go to any Australia Post outlet, an Australian Passport Office or ring the Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) on 131-232 to obtain a paper copy.
To complete the form you will need to provide the following:
1. personal information (full name and place of birth).
2. proof of citizenship (via an Australian birth certificate, an Australian citizenship certificate or a previous passport).
3. proof of identity (Australian driving license, birth card (this is not a birth certificate), Medicare card, Centrelink card, DVA card and/or a combination of photo ID with official documents that include Motor Vehicle registration, Insurance papers, property rates notice, utility bills, and bank statements).
4. a fee ( A$208, payable by cash, EFTPOS or selected credit cards - no personal, business or bank cheques).
5. passport photos (two identical colour photos meeting specific requirements listed on the Australian Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website).
6. guarantor (who will complete and sign the “Guarantor Details” section and verify one of the passport photos. Guarantors must be an Australian citizen who is 18 years of age or over, must have known the applicant for at least 12 months, must not be related to the applicant, must possess a current passport or have been on the Australian electoral roll at their current address for the past 12 months).
Submit the passport application plus the applicable documentation in person at an Australian Passport Office (for which you will need to make an appointment first by calling 131-232) or any Australian Post outlet.
Processing times for passport applications can take up to 10 working days. Priority Processing services (2 working days) are available at an additional cost.
For Australians living abroad, passport application fees and processing times will vary, please see the Australian Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for more details.
If you have ANY QUESTIONS and you are a Footprints Teacher moving forward with a placement with Footprints please do not hesitate to contact your Placement Coordinator for more information on the process and to get proof of employment or flight information to facilitate an expedited passport application.
|< Prev||Next >|